GEOTHERMAL OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN
Ngati Tuwharetoa Geothermal Assets Ltd is a Kawerau based Iwi owned business that provides geothermal energy to a number of clients for the purpose of electricity generation, pulp and paper process steam, milk processing, and timber drying. Ngati Tuwharetoa Geothermal Assets Ltd is a leading company in the provision of decarbonised energy solutions from a sustainable resource. Our continued growth is enabling New Zealand industry to play its part in a more sustainable future. Are you ready to join a company going places?
We are seeking to employ a suitably skilled individual to join our close-knit team operating and maintaining our assets which supply our valued customers.
The position will contribute to provide a full asset operation and management function to efficiently run and maintain the steamfield and support infrastructure. As this is a 24/7 operation there will be a requirement to be on a roster that will involve call out requirements that will require attendance outside of normal working hours.
You will be able to demonstrate the successful planning and preparation of work scopes, permitting, and supervision of maintenance activities carried out by contractors. Further to this the ability to undertake a degree of hands on work will be essential at specific times.
Operation of the plant is undertaken by the team and again is hands on ensuring all safe operating practises are met and that the supply to the end users is optimised.
To be a serious candidate you will bring;
- Sound experience and proven history in heavy industry
- Relevant tertiary or trade based qualifications that may include ENCHEM L4.
- Previous geothermal power generation experience is advantageous but not essential.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage HS&E, compliance and quality elements
- An aptitude and problem-solving
- Project management experience
- Comprehensive IT and reporting skills
- Knowledge and experience with MMS (preferably Maximo)
- A hands on proactive attitude
- An ability to understand complex process logic
- True desire and dedication to work with, and contribute to, a close knit supportive team is essential
- Hold a full valid NZ drivers licence and be eligible to work in New Zealand without sponsorship.
We offer a competitive remuneration package relative to the skills, knowledge and experience you have to contribute. All within a family friendly challenging work environment that will enable development of yourself professionally and personally.
All applications should be made via the Geothermal Technician Advertisment on the SEEK website at https://www.seek.co.nz
Applications close 16 October 2020.
All enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org